Taking place over May Bank Holiday, River Cottage Spring Food Fair is the perfect way to celebrate this season’s foodie delights and activities, surrounded by the gorgeous East Devon countryside. Promised to be packed full of fun for all the family to enjoy, enter our competition and you could win a family pass for Monday 29th May 2017.
We’ve rounded up our top 10 things to do at the Spring Food Fair….
- Enjoy a cookery masterclass – Get cooking with our adult and child masterclasses and learn the secret behind cookies and doughnuts & pasta and focaccia. If parents want to try their hand at something different then there are a range of other masterclasses to enjoy from Wild Cocktails with John Wright to Outdoor Cookery with Gill Meller
- Pottery Workshops – Learn how to make a seedling pot which will be yours to take away at the end of the session
- Falconry displays – Marvel at these beautiful birds as they fly around and catch their prey
- Food, food and more food! Feast on delicious fare from our local producers, pop up food stalls, try some delicious River Cottage wood fired pizza or dine in our farmhouse pop-up restaurant!
- Bee Area – Visit the East Devon Beekeepers and learn all about bees, you will also be able to make and take away your very own candle and take part in a fun bee-related quiz.
- Lucet Braiding/Felting workshops – Learn how to make textile jewellery e.g. friendship bracelet using the Lucet & 100% wool fibres or textile waste or you could learn the basic principles of needle-felting to create a delightful bumble bee brooch
- Enjoy spectacular large bubble displays/ get face painted
- Forest school – Learn how to build a shelter, whittle pegs and light a fire
- Animal area – Wonder around the farm and meet the River Cottage animals and other friends. Pigs, sheep, cows, chickens, alpacas, miniature ponies will all be around for you to see.
- Natural woodcraft workshops – Use natural resources to make you very own bug box or a beautiful wooden flower
…and if that’s not enough to tempt you, visit the website (www.rivercottage.net) to find out more or buy yourself some tickets.
To be in with the chance of winning a family pass to the Spring Food Fair on Monday 29th May, where you can enjoy all of our favourite spring delights and much more, simply enter the competition below.
Terms & Conditions
- In order to enter please just retweet the pinned post on Twitter or like, share and comment on the pinned post on Facebook.
- Closing date Midnight 30.04.2017
- Prize includes two adult tickets and two child tickets to the River Cottage Spring Food Fair on Monday 29th May 2017
- Transport is not included
- Open to residents of the UK aged over 18
- Prize is non-transferable or amendable
- No cash alternative
- Additional costs incurred are payable by the winner
*Featured header image courtesy of Nick Hook Photography